Sunday, March 8, 2009

Shawshank redemption (1994)

1.1 The Shawshank redemption movie really motivates me especially about patience and resoluteness. Just what the hero said in that film, "Bad luck I guess, it floats around. It’s got to land on somebody; it was my turn, that’s all. I was in the path of the tornado. I just didn’t expect the storm would last as long as it has”……what he said was true, bad luck is around us and it would someday get on anybody. And it is a predetermination. When ones get that, he or she must accept it and go further in his or her life and do not ever mention the despair because it will just kill the hope. And Andy Dufresne once again told something good in this film whenever he mentioned this “Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies “

1.2 Patience is a part and parcel of life, everything needs patience. Patience means the ability to be a long-suffering person….well yet that is my definition. Patience is wonderful and powerful, how can one expect Andre Dufresne to tunnel under the wall using a rock hummer just within 20 years? Even his friend Red (Morgan Freeman) thought it takes 600 years to tunnel the wall to escape from the prison. But Andy Dufresne took 20 years only. That is the gist of the story that I can fathom using my observation and I think that is enough for me to conclude that hopelessness is a prohibited word in one’s life be it a successful man or a suffering-man. Plan your own future, take time, be compliance with patience and you will smile one day in the future because what you get is the best if compared to others achievements because yours is based on a strong determination which never dies until your death comes. The moment will come and we never once give up seeing it comes.

1.3 Hope brings me confidence even the reality still looks uncertain but it is enough for me to proceed in this life. The truth is we need hope more than we need to think the "how" of doing things. Hope makes me work and stop me from mourning. Hope makes me alive and smile and not forgotten it gives me sweet dream.

1.4 The chemotherapy is always there when there is a sick person. Liberate yourself from grief by exerting all of your efforts to achieve anything you want be it money or love, get it by patience and endurance in other words We must pull up our socks. It is a must to possess hope and not relinquish it afterwards. The precarious journey awaits us when it seems very complicated for us to get what we want, the only way left then is to strive in life in order to have what others have. But before that, we must believe and get hold of hope. In my case, I will never look gloomy and never once shed crocodile's tears over my destiny that has been decided. I ain’t that goddamn loser!!!

No comments: